top of page

Proper ID

Acceptable forms of ID

The signer of the document must bring any one ID listed below:

  1. An ID card or driver’s license issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles;

  2. A valid United States passport.


Any one of the following, that also contains a photograph, description of the person, signature of the person, and an identifying number:

  1. A valid consular ID document issued by a consulate from the applicant’s country of citizenship, or a valid passport from the applicant’s country of citizenship;

  2. A driver’s license issued by another state or by a Canadian or Mexican public agency authorized to issue driver’s licenses;

  3. An ID card issued by another state;

  4.  A United States military ID card (caution: current military ID cards might not contain all the required information such as photo or physical description);

  5. An employee ID card issued by an agency or office of the State of California, or an agency or office of a city, county, or city and county in California.

  6. An ID card issued by a federally recognized tribal government.

bottom of page